- UTHSC Interprofessional Simulation Center
- Warehouse on Broad
- Memphis Slim Collaboratory
- MATA South Intermodal Facility
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center: College of Pharmacy
- Truck Stop
- Shelby County Forensic Center
- WKNO Digital Media Center
- YoLo Frozen Yogurt Retail Shops
- Memphis Humane Society
- Emergency Department Expansion – Methodist South Hospital
- Emergency Department and Main Entrance – Methodist University Hospital
- Women’s and Children’s Pavilion – Methodist Germantown Hospital
- Methodist Hospice Residence
- Hamilton Eye Institute – University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- The Children’s Hospital at Saint Francis
- Neurovascular and Cardiovascular Center – Methodist University Hospital
- Laurelwood Pediatrics
- Shenzhen Infectious Disease Hospital – China
- Tianjin Eye Hospital – China
Methodist Hospice Residence
Seeking LEED silver, the free-standing Methodist Hospice combines the very best traditions of faith, wellness and compassion for all patients and their families. It offers a home-like environment for patients with end-stage illnesses.
The hospice is designed around a “Village” concept consisting of a family room, residential units, nursing units, support units, and an administration unit. All of the Villages are similarly scaled and resemble traditional housing to relieve the stress sometimes associated with healthcare environments. The resident units have family alcoves and “Recharge” areas that provide ample natural light. Spaces are connected by a central courtyard allowing the residents, staff, and families to enjoy the comfort of the outdoors. The courtyard is populated with shade structures/trellises, water features, and seasonal gardens and serves as a quiet place for reflection and remembrance.
For Methodist, this was the first residential hospice in their system. Employees of TRO Jung|Brannen’s Memphis office, now brg3s, worked with Methodist early in the design process to identify and evaluate any operational issues that might arise from a new facility type. Because of this early collaboration, the Hospice succeeds in providing a residential feel while operating as an efficient institutional facility.