- UTHSC Interprofessional Simulation Center
- Warehouse on Broad
- Memphis Slim Collaboratory
- MATA South Intermodal Facility
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center: College of Pharmacy
- Truck Stop
- Shelby County Forensic Center
- WKNO Digital Media Center
- YoLo Frozen Yogurt Retail Shops
- Memphis Humane Society
- Emergency Department Expansion – Methodist South Hospital
- Emergency Department and Main Entrance – Methodist University Hospital
- Women’s and Children’s Pavilion – Methodist Germantown Hospital
- Methodist Hospice Residence
- Hamilton Eye Institute – University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- The Children’s Hospital at Saint Francis
- Neurovascular and Cardiovascular Center – Methodist University Hospital
- Laurelwood Pediatrics
- Shenzhen Infectious Disease Hospital – China
- Tianjin Eye Hospital – China
Shelby County Forensic Center
For the Shelby County Forensic Center, the design is broken down into three basic elements, identified by the need for public, semi-private and private areas. Strong, red brick planer walls wrap large portions of the outer facade. This strong skin houses the public areas while creating a sense of security and safety for its occupants. The second element, the semi-public area, contains the circulation and administrative functions. At the heart of the facility, the third element contains the private medical examination and forensic science labs. Long glass corridors, a private courtyard and large skylights filter natural light throughout the space.
Located on a tight site within the Medical Overlay District and adjacent to the historic Victorian Village neighborhood, this project represents the successful development of a multi-party solution through the collaboration of user, owner, community and designer. Scale and materiality were considered to ensure contextual sensitivity while satisfying an extremely specific program.
The center replaces Shelby County’s current, outdated facility. The expanded floor plan increases the size of examining rooms and separates services into specific components to increase efficiency and usability for the medical examiners, forensic pathologists, toxicologists and other forensic scientists currently using the center to aid in forensic investigations.